Friday, May 31, 2013

Boston 2013

117th Running of the Boston Marathon


I will not be focusing on the evil that happened on April 15th.  You have 24-hour news channels for that.  There were many incredible performance that happened earlier in the day that should not be ignored.

First and foremost was James Sullivan's amazing 2:38 - a 17 minute PR.  He was making it look too easy all day.  Reports are that his feet actually touched the ground somewhere on Boylston.


Justin Patronick, Jason Bui, and EJ Hrynowski also clocked in under 2:50 at 2:44, 2:45, and 2:47.

Erin Roberts was our first female finisher in 2:57.  She cracked the top 100 in the Women's race, which is an astounding feat.

Jill Trotter and Trish Bourne led the Women's Masters team to 8th overall with 3:15 and 3:18 respectively.  Nice job ladies!  You can tell this picture is from late in the race because Trish is smiling.

I can't possibly mention all the great performances that day.  We had 7 runners until 3:00 and 29 under 3:30.  I was inspired watching everyone go by at mile 22.  Sorry to those I couldn't mention everyone.  Full GLRR results can be found at http://www.glrr.net/Misc/2013_Boston_Runners.pdf.

We of course can't ignore all the heroes -- both the first responders who saved countless lives and all who have donated to help the victims since that day.  The One Fund has collected $32 million.  Two local funds -- the Celeste & Sydney Recovery Fund and Bucks for Bauman have each collected over $750 thousand.  Amazing outpouring of support from across the country.  I've linked the pictures below in case you haven't had a chance to donate.



No comments:

Post a Comment